1. Print shoe template.
2. Fold the drying rack according to the arrows on the
template. It should look like this. I use tape to hold it
in place because it is so small.
use any two of your favorite colors.
4. Use the pink bands on the rolling pin to get the right
thickness. Its about an 1/8th of an inch if you
don't have them. Do this to both colors.
This is the closed toe template.
This is the shoe bottom template.
This is the open toe template.
5. Use the templates to cut your shoe out of your
gumpaste. You can use either the closed toe or the open
toe template but you can't use both. I am going to use the
open toe in this tutorial. Also cut out 2 shoe bottoms.
One left and one right. Keep covered in plastic wrap
to keep it from drying out too fast.
6. Use a drop or two of water to glue the toe srap
to the shoe bottom. With a fondant tool press the strap
in place securely.
7. Place it on the drying rack and use another fondant tool
to make sure the toe strap has a good form.
8. Quickly make a heel. Make a tear drop shape and then
cut it to the size you need. When you cut it that makes
the flat edge to glue to the shoe bottom.
9. Use a drop of water for glue and glue the heel
to the underside of the shoe bottom.
Here I'm showing you 2 different size heels. And
I really like the taller one better. It brings the back of
the shoe bottom up just a little off the drying rack.
That's it. Let dry over night or until they are hard.
Cute!! We will be making the purses tomorrow.
We made tiny pearls for this pair. You can use the
pearl mold or just roll tiny balls.
Happy Mother's Day!!