3lbs of fondant
crispy rice treats
large circle cutter
1. Stack and fill your 6 inch rounds. You could use
larger cakes if you want. We made tons of cupcakes
for the party so a smaller cake worked best.
We used a dense vanilla cake we colored purple.
A dense recipe is better for a 3d cake.
2. I use a bread knife to carve the cake. Cuts much
better. You can use your favorite serrated knife though.
3. Carve off a little at a time until you have a shape
something like this one.
4. Now crumb coat it with a thick layer of icing.
5. Now for the under shirt. With a small piece of
hot pink fondant cover the top part of the cake.
You will later cover this with the dress fondant so
make it smooth and don't worry if it doesn't go all
the way down. Over look the card board. I was
measuring for the head plate. We will use it later.
You can make yours now too if you want.
6. I made the dress in two pieces. A front and back
piece. Roll out lighter pink fondant for the dress.
1/4 inch thick and large enough to cover the cake and
7. Place on the front of the cake. Leaving the back
8. Smooth everything out and trim the extra. Leaving
enough around the bottom of the cake for the skirt.
Also leave the bottom of the fondant loose and not
smoothed against the cake. That will give it more of
a dress look.
9. Here I made legs so the fondant wouldn't dry out
on me before I did. I just made a large lump of
fondant for each leg out of pink and round flat balls
for the feet. Any size that looks right to you.
Make a few ruffles in the cake now too. Just use
your finger to lift up on the fondant skirt.
10. I used the bottom of the large circle in the Wilton
circle set to mark the round cut out to show the
11. Cut that out with a sharp knife without cutting
the under shirt. If you cut it some don't worry. We
add decorations to it later.
12. Now cover the back in the same way. Trim it all
up and make it look nice. We add flowers to this line
later too so its not so bad. The birthday girl didn't
mind at all. You can cover it in one piece but it was
easier to do it this way.
That is how you make Hello Kitty's body in cake! Easy! Making this cake is like this the whole way. A bunch of easy steps to make a difficult looking cake. You are going to love it.
Just let me know if you have any questions. I am happy to help all I can. Keep checking back for the next steps in the tutorial. :) Not much more to go.