We are almost finished now. A few more steps and you should have a finished cake. I just love these little cute hiding monkeys. They are easier than you think. Here in this tutorial I will show you how to make these cuties.
2 colors of brown fondant
(one light and one darker)
black food marker
1. Start with the tail. Roll a snake of the darker brown.
Thin enough to be one of their tailes.
2. Cut to the length you need.
3. With a cake only paint brush paint a thin coating
of water where the tail will go. Not too much
water though or it will not be sticky. You want
just enough to make the fondant sticky.
4. Press the tail into place. Give the tail a little
curve to add to the cuteness.
5. You will need a thick circle of the darker brown
to make the head. That is about the side of my
6. Flatten it out just a little and pinch in the top. That
will give it the shape of a monkey head.
7. Roll small balls from the darker brown for the
ears. Then flatten them a little. Glue them into
place with a tiny amount of water.
8. Roll a small piece of the lighter brown.
9. With the sharp knife cut out the shape for the eyes.
I just free handed it. Its ok if its not perfect. Also
cut out a oval for the mouth area of the monkey.
Just cut it to fit the larger part of the head.
10. Glue them into place on the head. It will look
like this when you get them in place.
11. With your fondant tool mark a crease down the
center of the oval. Now roll a small ball from the
darker brown and glue it in place for the nose.
12. With the food marker make the eyes. I just
made small black dots. I just love that look.
13. Glue it into place on the opposite side of the tree
to its tail. It will look like it is hiding behind the tree.
You can have two monkeys on one tree or just one.
Either way they are cute. Or mix and match them.
Aren't they cute!!