1. Roll out fondant a little on the thick side. Doesn't
matter too much about the thickness as long as it
is thick enough to support the little edge above
the cake. Cut into strips about 4 inches wide.
2. With your fondant tool or veining tool mark curvy
lines in different sizes. Long and short ones.
3. Here is what it should look like.
4. Once you have all the lines marked in the fondant,
cut it to the length you need for the side of your cake.
It should be around 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 inches.
5. Apply to the side of the cake after the cake has been
Now its ready to paint. Use a paint brush and paint brown food coloring on the side of the cake. You can pick how dark you want your brown. I used already mixed air brush paint made by americolor.