1. Once the cake has been crumb coated and
covered (fondant or buttercream) use the pan
that is the same size as your next tier to mark its
spot and center it.
2. Now its time for the supports. Drinking straws is
my favorite support on cakes that are 3 tier or smaller.
Just push them into the cake straight up and down
all the way to the cake board. The round hollow straws
are very strong and can hold more weight than you think.
You can use bubba tea straws or milk shake straws too.
3. Cut the center straw level with the cake. It is
important that you cut the center straw. You will use
it to size all the other straws with.
4. Now use that same end you just cut off to size all
the other straws with. Pull up a straw just a little and
put the end you just cut off even with the top of the
straw you are going to cut. Cut the same size.
5. Lift the other tier up with a large knife or a cake lifter.
Place the next tier in the place you marked earlier.
Now its ready to decorate.